Announcements

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 
  • 10 Feb 2016 9:23 PM
    Reply # 3812100 on 1105520
    Dear All Ohio Dance/Movement Therapists,

My name is Jennifer Knapp and I am a LPC and an R-DMT in Ohio. I am currently working on sitting for the exam for my LPCC and working on my BC-DMT and my certification in EMDR. It has been a goal of mine to be able to practice as a Dance/Movement Therapist and be licensed as a counselor in Ohio. I, along with another Dance/Movement Therapist, Allison Kuhr, in Toledo, Oh would like to invite you all to a gathering in Toledo, Ohio this summer.

I know that there are Dance/Movement Therapists in Ohio who have been doing this work for a long time and have battled against the licensure process. I was hoping that we could all meet and get a census for who would like to do more in Ohio. We may start off small as a study group, but I would like to lead it and see it grow into its own chapter! At some point we could be the Midwest chapter and incorporate Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Indiana if we wanted too! How exciting!!!

Right now, I would like to see how many of you are interested in meeting. I know for some of you it would be a travel, but depending on how many there are of us, I could have the meeting in my home or at my church.

I am looking at Saturday June 18, 2016. We could meet in the afternoon at 1pm that way people who are far away could travel in the morning if they like! There are hotels nearby if anyone would like to stay and leave on Sunday! More details will come once I have names and contact information for people who want to attend!

Please reply your interest either way, by email, if you will be able to attend or not!

I look forward to meeting with all of you and discussing various issues that will promote our field and unite us!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Knapp, LPC, R-DMT

Email: dancer04_21@hotmail.com    (the 0 is a zero and there is an underscore _ between the 4 and 2)

Phone: 419-297-7547

• 09 Feb 2016 10:19 AM
    Reply # 3808826 on 1105520

CENTER FOR MOVEMENT EDUCATION & RESEARCH

Intermediate Laban Movement Analysis 45 hr course

for Dance/Movement Therapists

Feb. 26-28 2016 & March 18-20, 2016

Northern CA

Every DMT needs to understand how their movement observations are connected to their felt-sense, intuition and theoretical knowledge in order to work with clients effectively. How we translate the meaning of movement is linked to our Body Knowledge and Body Reactions. This 45 hour LMA class will be taught with a focus on applying intermediate level LMA material to DMT emphasizing moving and observing. Classes will involve movement experiences, structured observations, video or film analysis, lectures, readings, discussions and movement presentations. Participants must be willing to learn through movement experiences, engage in structured observations and class discussions. This is an Intermediate level course and 20 hours of Intro LMA is required.

For more information: Contact:  judy@cmer.info or call 310-600-0664

website: http://www.movement-education.org/therapy/schedule/

• 08 Feb 2016 4:10 PM
    Reply # 3807452 on 1105520

The Carolina Chapter will be hosting a workshop with Sherry Goodill on "Making DMT Research Work For You" (Friday, March 4, 2016) and "First Things First - Developing Formal Assessment For DMT Practice" (Saturday, March 5, 2016). 

Location: Wesley Long Education Center 501 N Elam Ave, Greensboro, NC 27403

Early bird rates end February 19, 2016!

Please complete registration form that is available at http://www.dance-drama-therapy.org/training-education-workshops and email to CarolinaADTA@gmail.com. An invoice for payment will be sent to you. Registration will be considered complete when payment is received.

• 06 Feb 2016 7:07 PM
    Reply # 3804786 on 1105520

Kestenberg Movement Profile Trainings—2016

Instructor: Suzanne Hastie, MA, BC-DMT, NCC, LPC, KMP Analyst

Courses & Workshops offer:

·         Alternate Route or Continuing Education as well as foundational studies in the KMP allowing one to pursue KMP Certification

·         Small class size

·         Space & time to move

·         Individual attention & group experientials

·         Clinical applications

·         Learning in a beautiful, tranquil setting in Pennsylvania

Workshop/Courses:

(the live 30 hour courses have been approved by the American Dance Therapy Association as meeting requirements for the Alternate Route R-DMT credential. And, for practicing dance/movement therapists or childcare providers in Pennsylvania, 30 CE hours per course are available)

June

KMP One-Day Workshop

June 22, 2016 (fee due May 20th); 9am-4pm (6 CE hours)

Fee: $125

Immerse yourself in the Kestenberg Movement Profile for just one day. Move the patterns; learn their meaning, and make clinical applications. Return to your work & life with even more awareness and understanding of movement.

August

Introduction to the Kestenberg Movement Profile (2 credits/30 hours)

August 22-25, 2016 (fee due June 22nd)

Fee: $850

In this 30 hour introductory course, participants will learn the basic layout of the KMP, the movement patterns contained within it, and the developmental and psychological significance of the patterns. Through experiential activities, discussion, and observational practice, students will come to understand the depth, wholeness, and vision the KMP has to offer therapists and educators in their work. Clinical applications will be integrated into the course.

September

Constructing Kestenberg Movement Profiles I: Tension Flow Rhythms, Bipolar Shape Flow & Unipolar Shape Flow (2 credits/30 hours)

September 19-22, 2016 (fee due July 19t)

Fee: $850

In this 30 hour course, students and clinicians will focus in-depth on tension flow rhythms (developmental issues & personality), bipolar shape flow (comfort with self/environment), and unipolar shape flow (attraction/repulsion to stimuli in the environment and in relationships). Movement observation, tension flow writing, labeling, notation and diagram construction will be taught and practiced. Clinical understanding of these patterns will be deepened and further applications to clinical work will be explored. Construction of the TFR, BS, and US diagrams of the profile as well as analysis of the findings will be required (for alternate route students and those pursuing KMP certification).

KMP One-Day Workshop

September 28, 2016 (fee due August 26th); 9am-4pm (6 CE hours)

Fee: $125

Immerse yourself in the Kestenberg Movement Profile for just one day. Move the patterns; learn their meaning, and make clinical applications. Return to your work & life with even more awareness and understanding of movement.

Location for KMP Workshop & Courses: Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center, West Lehigh Valley, PA. For map, directions, & accommodations, go to www.twinpondscenter.com.  Twin Ponds is only 75 minutes from Philadelphia and 2 hours from New York City.  

Online Studies

Although it is most ideal to study the KMP in a live class, for those who are not able to attend, online courses of study are available to individuals and small groups.

To register for  workshops or courses, contact Suzanne Hastie at suzannehastie@aol.com or (610) 417-0831.

Suzanne Hastie, MA, BC-DMT, NCC, LPC, KMP Analyst, graduate of Antioch/New England Graduate School, studied the KMP with Penny Lewis & Susan Loman, and interned with Dr. Judith Kestenberg in the late 1980’s. She has co-taught the KMP with Janet Kestenberg Amighi at Drexel University as well as independently since 2000 and has recently started teaching the KMP online. Suzanne is the creator of the KMP Color Wheel poster, a concise, visual representation of the KMP.  She has been integrating the KMP into her work and life for 25 years.

• 04 Feb 2016 3:48 PM
    Reply # 3801297 on 1105520

Dance/Movement

Psychotherapy with

Infants and Children

Faculty: Dr. Suzi Tortora, EdD, BC-DMT, CMA, LCAT, NCC

Sat-Sun, Feb 27-28, 9:30am-5:30 pm, 2 Sessions

$300 until Feb 19 / $325 after

Sensitize yourself to the ways young children learn and express themselves through their movement and senses. Explore nonverbal cues and movement activities that support early attachment relationships and social, emotional and cognitive development. For parents, caregivers and professionals, these activities are used with families in groups and in dyadic or individual therapeutic, hospital, preventative and child-care settings.

This course is fully approved by the ADTA for Alternate Route credit for R-DMT training.

All Dance Therapy courses are eligible for CE hours.

REGISTER by clicking HERE

Or by cutting and pasting this link into

your browser:

http://www.92y.org/Cla

ss/Dance-Movement-Psychotherapy.aspx

or Call 212.415.5500.

or Visit the 92Y Box Office in person

1395 Lexington Avenue & 92nd St, NYC

92nd Street  (P) 212.415.5552 (F) 212.415.5549

92Y.org/DanceTherapy

• 04 Feb 2016 2:10 PM
    Reply # 3801126 on 1105520

Authentic Movement Workshop

April 24, 2016

2:00-4:30 pm

$30.00 until 4/10

$40.00 after 4/10

ginsengsandiego.com

Ginseng Yoga Studio

2985 Beach St.

SD, CA 92102

Seekers of inner wisdom of all ages are welcome.

Close your eyes . . . Drop deeply into your body . . . Let yourself be moved . . .

Authentic Movement is a self directed practice, in which body wisdom is a source, and movement an avenue for self inquiry and expression. The form is simple and profound, involving inner-initiated movement and sound. With eyes closed, in the receptive presence of experienced witnesses, participants turn their attention inward and follow the impulse for movement that arises from within. There are no movements to learn, only yours to discover. After moving, there is time for reflection through journaling, drawing, and/or speaking to integrate your experience. 

Bring a journal, water, wear comfortable clothing. 

Facilitators: Laura Hayes-Meerman, BC-DMT, has been a dance movement therapist for over 20 years. She was trained through the Authentic Movement Institute in Berkeley, CA and has been facilitating Authentic Movement groups since 2000. Jane Blount, HHP, a dance artist/educator, and integrative somatic practitioner, has been practicing Authentic Movement since 2003. She was co-founder of Lower Left and has taught creative movement, contact improvisation, postmodern and contemporary dance throughout San Diego, the Midwest, and NYC. Jane and Laura bring deeply grounded intuitive wisdom to create warmth, safety, and sacredness in their Authentic Movement workshops.

"O listen - Listen more carefully to what is inside of you right now.

In my world, all that remains is the wondrous call to dance and prayer"

- Hafiz

• 03 Feb 2016 9:07 PM
    Reply # 3799130 on 1105520

Hello-

NYSADTA is sending a reminder for the "Songs of Protest" workshop on February 11th 2016 at the Drama League.

******NEW RSVP DATE- FEBRUARY 5th by 2:00pm*********

Your attendance will be greatly valued and appreciated at this wonderful workshop and opportunity.

Please come, learn, mingle, and relax!

Tickets will also be sold at the door for those who would like to pay cash or check.

Here is the link with all the information about the workshop.

*****CEUS available for ADTA*****

http://nysadta.org/songs-of-protest-workshop/

Alexa Palmer, M.A, R-DMT, GL-CMA

NYSADTA Secretary

• 01 Feb 2016 5:52 PM
    Reply # 3794534 on 1105520

Dear Friends & Colleagues,

I hope 2016 is off to a good start, with nourishment from the fertile

darkness and the growing light.

In the spirit of new life, here are some offerings I'd like to let you know

about.

Warmly,

Tina

Embodied Alchemy: Authentic Movement, Neuroscience, & the Somatic Unconscious, with Tina Stromsted, Ph.D., BC-DMT

July 20, 2016

USABP 2016 Conference: Sexuality, Spirituality, and the Body: The Art & Science of Somatic Psychology, Providence, Rhode Island

Pre-conference day-long workshop

Alchemy—a forerunner of modern chemistry and medicine—is an ancient cross-cultural practice that integrated both material and spiritual elements and was rediscovered by C.G. Jung as he sought to understand the images in dreams. 

Alchemy’s basic elements can deepen our understanding of embodied transformative processes, experienced spontaneously through Authentic Movement, a somatic, creative, meditative practice with roots in Jung’s 'active imagination' approach. Both practices bring awareness to what we least value—the somatic unconscious, known as ‘prima materia’ by the alchemists and as unconscious ‘shadow’ qualities by Jung. Such a map can help orient people in their therapeutic work, particularly when they are immersed in unconscious material that may cause feelings of anxiety, impatience, dissolution, or disembodiment.

In this workshop participants will have an opportunity to engage the Alchemical metaphor in relation to the embodied individuation process in healing and development. Moving and witnessing practice, theory, neuroscience, embodied experience, drawing and writing will enrich our experience.

For registration: https://www.usabpconference.org

For more information: https://www.usabpconference.org/embodied-alchemy/

Tending the Soul’s Call through Conscious Embodiment: Exploring Natural Movement Practices for Healing, with Tina Stromsted, Ph.D., BC-DMT

July 22, 2016

USABP 2016 Conference: Sexuality, Spirituality, and the Body: The Art & Science of Somatic Psychology, Providence, Rhode Island

This workshop engages body, psyche and spirit through listening deeply to felt-sense and natural movement, addressing the body/psyche/soul split through embodied, creative healing practices.

Together, we will explore elements from Jung’s Depth psychology, Authentic Movement, Somatics, and contemporary neuroscience in a safe and supportive environment, developing a sense of being at home in the body. This can lead to a level of perception of self and other that evokes deep respect and empathy as one learns to respond to an inner guide and live more closely to the Soul’s Call.

When we ~ as body psychotherapists, health practitioners, educators, partners and/or parents ~ are sensitive to our bodies, sexuality, and a vital range of feelings, we can be increasingly present with others. Clinical examples, integrated with experiential work, will enrich our understanding of the applications of creative, embodied healing practices.

For registration: http://www.usabpconference.org/

For more information: https://www.usabpconference.org/tending-the-souls/

• 31 Jan 2016 6:36 PM
    Reply # 3792571 on 1105520

Greetings fellow colleagues.

Please give us a lift into making a real difference in the autism community. With a big following and a big voice, Making Real Connections Creative Arts Counseling and Autism Center can take the community at large by storm. 

We were nominated and made the  ‪#‎Montco2016happeningslist‬ in two categories.

PLEASE VOTE for our Autism Program because we can educate, treat and continue to keep working to give you the red carpet treatment.

PEOPLE Category
    POWERPERSON http://montco.happeningmag.com/happening…/power-person-2016/
    ENTREPRENEUR:http://montco.happeningmag.com/happening…/entrepreneur-2016/...

Last modified: 31 Jan 2016 6:40 PM | Michele Conner
  • 26 Jan 2016 5:09 PM
    Reply # 3783646 on 1105520

92Y Weekend Workshop, NYC

Dance/Movement

Psychotherapy with

Infants and Children

Faculty: Dr. Suzi Tortora, EdD, BC-DMT, CMA, LCAT, NCC

Sat-Sun, Feb 27-28, 9:30am-5:30 pm, 2 Sessions

$300 until Feb 19 / $325 after

Sensitize yourself to the ways young children learn and express themselves through their movement and senses. Explore nonverbal cues and movement activities that support early attachment relationships and social, emotional and cognitive development. For parents, caregivers and professionals, these activities are used with families in groups and in dyadic or individual therapeutic, hospital, preventative and child-care settings.

This course is fully approved by the ADTA for Alternate Route credit for R-DMT training.

All Dance Therapy courses are eligible for CE hours.

REGISTER by clicking  HERE

Or by cutting and pasting this link into your browser:

http://www.92y.org/Class/Dance-Movement-Psychotherapy.aspx

or Call 212.415.5500

or Visit the 92Y Box Office in person

92nd Street  & Lexington Ave, NYC (P) 212.415.5552 (F) 212.415.5549

Last modified: 26 Jan 2016 5:10 PM | Tina Erfer
<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2015 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com