Mission & Purpose
- Define, promote and support the highest standards of education, credentialing, ethical practice and professional identity of dance/movement therapists;
- Increase professional opportunities for the membership by advocating for the inclusion of dance/movement therapy in healthcare, legislative, educational and research systems;
- Support internal communication among members, between the ADTA and the membership, and external communication nationally and internationally.
- Create opportunities for skill development, networking, community and fund-raising by producing an annual conference.
- Support the growth of the ADTA and the profession by recruiting new members and responding to current membership needs.
The purpose of the ADTA is to establish, maintain, and support the highest standards of professional identity and competence among dance/movement therapists by promoting education, training, practice, and research. The Association provides avenues of communication among dance/movement therapists and those working in related fields, and increases public awareness of dance/movement therapy.
ADTA Organizational Chart