Mark your calendars! National Creative Arts Therapy Week will be celebrated March 15-21, 2015. Creative Arts Therapy Week is an annual opportunity to excite the world and spread the news about creative arts therapies highlighting, of course, dance/movement therapy. This is a time to collaborate, congregate, educate and facilitate with your community, as well as other creative arts therapists.
What can you do to contribute to Creative Arts Therapy Week?
- Provide an in-service for your place of employment
- Check out and share videos from the ADTA YouTube Channel
- Speak at a local high school or college about careers in the creative arts therapy field
- Offer a workshop or training
- Educate a stranger about the field
- Begin a creative arts therapy supervision group
- Hand out ADTA informational brochures
- Write a blog post or editorial
- Spread the word on social media
- Contact local radio about news and events related to creative arts therapies
- Check out the National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations for conferences and events
Are you hosting an event during National Creative Arts Therapy Week? The American Dance Therapy Association would like to know. Please share your event with the ADTA Public Relations Committee via the form below.