I Want to Become a Dance/Movement Therapist. What Should My Undergraduate Degree Be In?

784496_95810350While there is no specific undergraduate degree required, each dance/movement therapy graduate program may have certain prerequisites needed before being admitted. Many dance/movement therapists major in psychology or dance in college, but others do not. An increasing number of colleges are offering undergraduate coursework to help students evaluate if graduate study in dance/movement therapy is right for them. For your reference,  a list of these institutions can be found on the American Dance Therapy Association website.

If you are considering earning your graduate degree in the field of dance/movement therapy, check with the graduate schools of interest to get specifics as to what courses you will need. All dance/movement therapy graduate programs require a specific number of undergraduate credits in the fields of psychology, dance, and kinesiology.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.