ADTA’s 50/50 Campaign
In 2016 the American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA) celebrates its 50th year as an organization. Beginning at the ADTA’s 50th Conference in California and concluding at the 2016 Conference in Washington DC, the ADTA will be facilitating opportunities for celebration. We invite you to be a part of the movement!
Celebrate 50 years of ADTA with the 50 Years/50 Ways to Advocate for Dance/Movement Therapy! Commit to advocating for dance/movement therapy (DMT) in your community. What do we mean by advocating? Taking an action to educate the public about DMT – big or small, all of it counts in the 50/50 campaign!
Some ways you can advocate:
- Do an in-service presentation where you work for colleagues unfamiliar with DMT
- Offer a free experiential group at a nursing home, hospital, clinic, school, etc
- Present a workshop at a local chapter of a nonprofit organization like the Alzheimer’s Association
- Present at a national conference for an allied profession.
- Offer a movement opening or closing at an allied profession’s conference.
- Offer a “What is DMT” lecture/experiential at your local university, college, community college or high school.
- Offer a workshop at your local yoga studio, or health and wellness studio.
- Propose to give a TEDx talk.
- Create a flash mob and leave flyers about dance/movement therapy behind.
- Have breakfast with a local government official – visit state or federal policymakers.
- Write a letter to the editor or an opinion piece for your local paper.
- Insert your idea here.
WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER–advocate for dance/movement therapy in our 50th year! Join Us! The La Jolla Conference will be here SOON, and will kick off the campaign with a fun skit at the opening ceremony – you don’t want to miss it! Start dreaming now about how you will advocate for dance/movement therapy!
Already advocating for DMT? Share how in a comment below.