A Call to Action…
What Can You Do to Help the Dance/Movement Therapy Profession?
Be a part of Arts Advocacy Day this March 8, 2016!
81% of congressional members surveyed feel it is very important to know constituents’ position versus their party position.
Take five minutes to call your congressional member on Tuesday, March 8.
If you are unsure who your congressional member is, go to http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/.
- Thank your congressional member for the work he/she is doing for your district.
- Ask your member to support “H. R. 4063 The PROMISE Act” by becoming a co-sponsor.
- Ask your member to request Dance/Movement Therapy be added to “H.R. 4063 PROMISE Act – Title III – Complementary and Integrated Health SEC. 301. (b)(3) Expansion of Research and Education On and Delivery of Complementary and Integrative Health to Veterans.”
- Ask your member for an email/fax number to which you can send information regarding dance/movement therapy.
Let American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA) members know you took action. Send your Name, City, State, and the name of the congressional member you called to Robyn Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your name added to the ADTA’s 50/50 Campaign, or add a comment below.
Let’s fill the ADTA 50/50 Campaign Map with calls to ALL our members of Congress!
Learn more about ADTA’s 50 years/50 Ways Campaign:
- 50 Years/50 Ways to Advocate for Dance/Movement Therapy
- 50 Years — 50 Ways to Advocate for Dance/Movement Therapy