Apply for a Grant
Applying for a Chace Foundation Grant
Grant Application: Policies and Procedures
Below are the specific requirements for various types of grant applications.
For All Grant Applications…
- Travel expenses and/or tuition for an individual’s education.
- Operating expenses for a clinical or educational program.
- Salary of principal investigator.
- Proposals must accurately reflect the ability and capacity of applicant to deliver and complete the project within the specified time and allocated funding.
- Proposal budget must be detailed, accurate and appropriate.
- Educational proposals must demonstrate evidence of community financial or in-kind support.
Applicants should include name, address, phone, e-mail and send proposal by email followed by five (5) hard copies. Do not send to ADTA office. You may want a tracking number but do not require a specific signature.
Hard Copies to:
Jane Wilson Cathcart, BC-DMT Marian Chace Foundation 54 Barrett Pond Rd, Cold Spring NY 10516-4036
Deadlines for Submissions: February 15 of each year.
If your application is accepted:
If an applicant is selected as grant recipient, a signed agreement is required for completion of project within proposed timeframe or negotiated extension. The following guidelines will apply:
- A quarterly progress report and budget update will be submitted to the Trustees.
- An article will be submitted to the American Journal of Dance Therapy within six months of completion of the project (unless film/video).
- All grants require that the Marian Chace Foundation be acknowledged in any printed materials, descriptions and presentations of the project.
Applicants for RESEARCH GRANTS should apply according to the following guidelines.
- Please limit proposal to 15-20 pages.
- A description which provides a brief but complete overview of the proposed project (1-2 paragraphs).
Statement of the problem
Statement of the research question(s)
Statement of the hypothesis (if relevant)
Definition of termsThe importance of the study to the field
- Brief literature review demonstrating knowledge of research previously done in this area and supporting the need for further research. Complete reference list.
Theoretical research framework (qualitative or quantitative)
Where the research will be completed and if that site has a research review board.
Informed consent forms
How the data will be collected
How the data will be analyzed
How the data will be presented
Limitations of design
Methods for achieving validity or trustworthiness
The request for funds must specifically articulate needs and costs. When budgeting for personnel fully describe purpose, functions and responsibilities. Requests for equipment and supplies need to be itemized and detailed. Administrative costs include copying, postage, telephone and other supplemental expenses. Include other sources of funding.
- Plan for disseminating results in addition to a required article for the American Journal of Dance Therapy.
- Timeframe for completion of project.
- Qualifications of researchers. List of advisors/ consultants to the project. Please describe duties and identify the specific timeframe in which they will be involved. Provide vitae.
- Two letters of support: one from a dance/movement therapist and one from a professional who is knowledgeable in the proposed area of research who is not involved in the research project.
Film/Video and Publication Grants
Applicants for a FILM/VIDEO or PUBLICATION grant should apply according to the following guidelines:
- A description that provides a brief but complete overview of the proposed project (1-2 paragraphs).
- A short DVD example
- A storyboard of proposed film/video
- Target audience
The request must be very specifically articulated as to needs and costs. When budgeting for personnel describe purpose, functions and responsibilities fully. Requests for equipment and supplies need to be itemized and detailed. Administrative costs include copying, postage, telephone and other supplemental expenses. Include other sources of funding.
- Credentials of authors/producers.
- Timeline for completion of project including post production.
- Dissemination/marketing plan.
- Two letters of support: one from a dance/movement therapist and one from a professional who is knowledgeable about publishing or media being used.
In order to support the development of dance/movement therapy in other countries that are less developed and economically disadvantaged, and similar under-served sections of the United States, the Foundation will consider applications from established dance/movement therapy practitioners and teachers to enable teaching and curriculum development in such areas.
- It will be necessary to have other funding resources that will then be supplemented by the Foundation. These can be additional designated donations to the Foundation by supportive individuals or associations and should include partial support from the host agency.
- Upon completion of the project, it is required that the recipient write a narrative to enable others to understand the problems and possibilities of this kind of work through an article to be published in the American Journal of Dance Therapy.
Applications should include the following:
- Credentials of applicant
- Specific description of purpose and methods envisaged.
- Describe how this project relates to dance/movement therapy knowledge and purpose, and contributes to the larger scope of the profession.
- Details of the budget being considered including funds from other sources.
- Plans for disseminating information.
- Time frame.
- Letters of support from host agency, dance/movement therapists and others knowledgeable of your project.